The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinner and More
Minestrone Lamb Shanks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr 20 Min
You can't miss with these plump, tender lamb shanks combined with a hearty minestrone taste and a sauce that's perfect for dunking. (Don't forget the crusty bread!)
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 lamb shanks (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 1 can (19 ounces) minestrone soup
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Brown the lamb shanks, turning occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the potato flakes; mix well and pour over the shanks.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 to 21/2 hours or until the shanks are fork-tender.
- Remove the shanks to a serving platter.
- Add the potato flakes to the pan juices; mix well and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened. Return the shanks to the skillet and coat with the sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.