Peppered Lamb Shanks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a main course that fits our budgets. Peppered Lamb Shanks have an old-fashioned tasted that won't break the bank. What a super weeknight or company fancy meal.
What You'll Need
- 6 lamb shanks
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Sprinkle lamb shanks with salt and pepper; place in a large baking dish. Bake for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, until meat is tender, drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the broth, peppers, scallions, wine and garlic; cook just until peppers are tender.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the skillet and cook until liquid thickens. Pour pepper mixture over shanks in baking dish and bake for 10 minutes more to heat through.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Pull-Apart Cheese Bread is great for a movie night at home with some friends and family. That's 'cause this pull-apart bread is made with delicious and irresistible ingredients, like two kinds of melted cheese and yummy buttermilk biscuits. Just don't blame us if this recipe steals the show!