Simmered Curried Lamb
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
All it takes is one pan and a few ingredients to turn boneless lamb into an international favorite. I bet this makes lamb a regular main course at your house.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 pounds boneless leg of lamb or lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ready-to-use beef broth
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the lamb chunks and onions for 12 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains in the lamb.
- Stir in the flour, then the broth. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat is fork-tender.
Did you know that Granny Smith apples are one of the best types for this recipe? That's what the viewer who shared this recipe told me...and she's right!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.