Spicy Lamb Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Experience the rich flavors of Morocco while standing right in your kitchen with our Spicy Lamb Stuffed Peppers! We can already smell the cumin, cayenne and cinnamon blending together to take us on an exotic culinary journey can you? Get cookin' then, because this dish is calling your name!
What You'll Need
- 8 medium-sized red, yellow, or green bell peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground lamb
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Slice off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds. Remove the stems and finely chop the cleaned pepper tops. Stand the peppers, cut-end up, in a shallow 11/2- to 2-quart casserole dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the lamb, crumbling it with your fingers as you add it. Cook, stirring often, until the meat is well browned.
- Add the onion and chopped pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onion is tender; remove from the heat and drain the liquid.
- Stir in the rice, ketchup, raisins, allspice, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, and eggs; blend well. Stir in the salt and cayenne pepper.
- Fill the peppers with the rice mixture, packing lightly. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the peppers are soft and can be pierced with a fork.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 394
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 22g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 19g 38 %
- Cholesterol 109mg 36 %
- Sodium 243mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.7g 15 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %