Grab-'n'-Go Egg Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're someone who's always on the go and needs a quick get-me-going breakfast before heading out the door, the grab-'n'-go egg sandwich is for you! This one sure takes less time than sitting in the fast-food drive-through lane!
What You'll Need
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bagel or English muffin, sliced in half
What to Do
- Coat a 2-cup measuring cup or a small round microwave-safe container with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break the egg into the cup, sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired, and scramble; stir in the cheese.
- Microwave at 100% power for 1 minute, or just until set.
- Meanwhile, toast the English muffin or bagel. Place the cooked egg on the bottom half of the English muffin or bagel; top, and serve.
For a heartier egg sandwich, mix in chunks of cooked ham or brown 'n' serve breakfast sausage, or maybe a sprinkle of bacon bits. Wanna go lighter? Switch it up with a healthy egg substitute (fresh or frozen). Remember: 1/4 cup egg substitute equals one egg.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!