Grab-'n'-Go Egg Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're someone who's always on the go and needs a quick get-me-going breakfast before heading out the door, the grab-'n'-go egg sandwich is for you! This one sure takes less time than sitting in the fast-food drive-through lane!
What You'll Need
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bagel or English muffin, sliced in half
What to Do
- Coat a 2-cup measuring cup or a small round microwave-safe container with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break the egg into the cup, sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired, and scramble; stir in the cheese.
- Microwave at 100% power for 1 minute, or just until set.
- Meanwhile, toast the English muffin or bagel. Place the cooked egg on the bottom half of the English muffin or bagel; top, and serve.
For a heartier egg sandwich, mix in chunks of cooked ham or brown 'n' serve breakfast sausage, or maybe a sprinkle of bacon bits. Wanna go lighter? Switch it up with a healthy egg substitute (fresh or frozen). Remember: 1/4 cup egg substitute equals one egg.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!