Grab-'n'-Go Egg Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're someone who's always on the go and needs a quick get-me-going breakfast before heading out the door, the grab-'n'-go egg sandwich is for you! This one sure takes less time than sitting in the fast-food drive-through lane!
What You'll Need
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bagel or English muffin, sliced in half
What to Do
- Coat a 2-cup measuring cup or a small round microwave-safe container with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break the egg into the cup, sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired, and scramble; stir in the cheese.
- Microwave at 100% power for 1 minute, or just until set.
- Meanwhile, toast the English muffin or bagel. Place the cooked egg on the bottom half of the English muffin or bagel; top, and serve.
For a heartier egg sandwich, mix in chunks of cooked ham or brown 'n' serve breakfast sausage, or maybe a sprinkle of bacon bits. Wanna go lighter? Switch it up with a healthy egg substitute (fresh or frozen). Remember: 1/4 cup egg substitute equals one egg.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.