Quick Barbecued Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it comes to barbecued chicken, everybody has a favorite. Here's how to satisfy them all with a basic chicken and sauce. Slather away!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- barbecue sauce
What to Do
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken in a microwave-safe 9" x 13" baking dish and season with the salt and pepper. Cover and microwave at 80% power for 8 minutes.
- Select barbecue sauce.
- Place the chicken on the grill and baste with barbecue sauce; cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until no pink remains in the chicken and its juices run clear, basting frequently with the remaining sauce.
Although this recipe calls for firing up the grill to finish cooking the chicken and give it that rich, barbecued flavor, we use the microwave to partially cook the chicken first, saving us both time and effort. And we all know how helpful that is!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!