The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Hot Dog Tacos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
How 'bout adding a few south of the border ingredients to our classic American grilled hot dogs? These sure will be the talk of the picnic, 'cause your tacos will be the only ones with hot dogs instead of ground beef!
What You'll Need
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 taco shells, slightly warmed
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Make a lengthwise slit almost through (but not completely through) the hot dogs.
- In a small bowl, combine taco seasoning mix and the oil. Spread mixture evenly into slits in hot dogs. Grill them cut side up for 5 to 7 minutes then place each hot dog inside a warmed taco shell.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese, and serve immediately.
Taco seasoning mix is available in the supermarket spice section or in the ethnic foods section. If you have a warming rack on your grill, heat the taco shells on it for just a few minutes. If you don't have one, just place them on the outside edge of your grill's cooking area where the heat isn't too hot.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Braised Mediterranean Beef
We know you're always looking for one pot dinner recipes that keep the menu fresh and fun. Well, our Braised Mediterranean Beef is a one-pot recipe full of comfort, flavor, and flair! It'll bring the family together around the table, and don't be surprised, when there's none left over! The combo of garlic, tomatoes, and red wine really add bold flavors that will make this a family-favorite!