Baked Ziti with Sausage and Artichokes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's fancy enough for company, yet simple enough to be a potluck favorite any night of the week.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound uncooked ziti
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (25 to 28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, sauté the sausage over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain the liquid from the cooked sausage and add it to the ziti along with the artichoke hearts, spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, pepper, and 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese; mix well.
- Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until heated through.
You can buy canned artichokes already quartered, or buy whole canned ones and cut them yourself.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 794
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 72 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 45g 91 %
- Cholesterol 93mg 31 %
- Sodium 1,870mg 78 %
- Total Carbohydrates 90g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.3g 37 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.