Pasta and Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The possibilities are endless when we cook our Pasta and Meatballs at the same time. (You'll love the easy cleanup, too!)
What You'll Need
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound angel hair (capellini) pasta, broken into 4-inch pieces
What to Do
- In a 3-1/2-quart (or larger) slow cooker, combine tomato puree, tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well then form into 1-inch balls.
- Gently place meatbals in sauce; do not mix. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 to 8 hours.
- Remove lid and add angel hair pasta; do not stir. Replace lid and increase setting to high.
- Cook 1 hour then stir and serve.
If you want to mellow the taste of the tomato sauce, add a teaspoon of sugar along with the tomato puree, or add a diced medium-sized carrot. (That adds sweetness and nice texture!)
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.