Pasta and Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The possibilities are endless when we cook our Pasta and Meatballs at the same time. (You'll love the easy cleanup, too!)
What You'll Need
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound angel hair (capellini) pasta, broken into 4-inch pieces
What to Do
- In a 3-1/2-quart (or larger) slow cooker, combine tomato puree, tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well then form into 1-inch balls.
- Gently place meatbals in sauce; do not mix. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 to 8 hours.
- Remove lid and add angel hair pasta; do not stir. Replace lid and increase setting to high.
- Cook 1 hour then stir and serve.
If you want to mellow the taste of the tomato sauce, add a teaspoon of sugar along with the tomato puree, or add a diced medium-sized carrot. (That adds sweetness and nice texture!)
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're like most, choosing between chocolate chip cookies and brownies is a tough dessert-time decision. Not anymore! This dessert combines the best of both worlds when it comes to desserts. Our Speckled Brookie Bars are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey brownies and warm and melty chocolate chip cookies. Plus, with our certified shortcuts, this amazing dessert recipe is the easiest (just watch our video right below and see for yourself). When you just can't choose between these yummy dessert options, treat yourself and have both! There's no way this pan of bars will last more than a day in your family's home.