Ravioli and Creamy Pesto Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who needs tomato sauce with their pasta when you've got a pesto alternative that tastes just as good?! This ravioli recipes is one of our favorites because it turns what would otherwise be an average recipe on its head with a fresh pesto twist. Plus, with the addition of nuts, you get an unbelievable texture combination: soft and crunchy!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (3 ounce jar) capers, drained
- 1 (2.82 ounce) jar pesto sauce
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (see note)
What to Do
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated, stirring often (do not boil).
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss pasta with cream mixture, and sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Toasting brings out the full flavor of nuts. Just place a small amount in a dry skillet over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring often. Watch them! The smaller the pieces, the quicker they cook.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!