State Fair Tortellini
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Worthy of top prize at any state fair, this "pocket pasta" dish, smothered in a robust sauce full of chunky veggies and cheese, will make you look like a winning chef right in your own home.
What You'll Need
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) Italian sausage-filled fresh or frozen (thawed) tortellini (see Note)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a 9" x 13" baking dish, combine all the ingredients except the cheese; mix well. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven, stir, and return to the oven for 20 more minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle with the cheese. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Fresh tortellini can usually be found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store near the dairy foods.