Three Cheese Spaghetti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Swiss cheese and Gouda and Parmesan cheese, oh my! These help your spaghetti from going awry.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-1/2-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
What to Do
In a saucepan over low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter ; add flour, stirring constantly until smooth, about 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; add Swiss cheese, Gouda cheese, salt, and mushrooms, stirring until cheeses melt.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Combine spaghetti, the melted butter, Parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes; toss well. Combine cheese sauce and spaghetti mixture, stirring well. Serve immediately.
If you're in a hurry for the water to boil, place a saucepan over high heat and cover with a lid. This causes a quicker buildup of steam and pressure resulting in a faster boil.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!