Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The smoothness of the Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes mixed with the crunch of the toasted pecans keeps everyone in our family coming back for more. The combination is to-die-for!
What You'll Need
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded (about 2 pounds) (see note)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
What to Do
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a lightly greased 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 - 5-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes in cooker to desired consistency. Sprinkle with toasted pecans before serving.
Shred the sweet potatoes in a snap in a food processor. This helps the potatoes cook evenly and creates a smoother mash. The potatoes shrink down in the slow cooker as they soften, so there's plenty of room to mash right in the cooker when the potatoes are tender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 246
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 5.4g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 312mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.