Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 12 to 14 pancakes
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Everyone loves potato pancakes but not the labor of the traditional recipes. With this simple potato pancake recipe, your gang can enjoy these crispy and delicious treats, and you'll be the only one who knows how easy they were to make. This simple pancake recipe is guaranteed to be a winner 'cause you'd normally only order them when you're out at dinner. Who knew you could make a simple pancake recipe like this one right in your own kitchen?!
What You'll Need
- 1 (20-ounce) bag refrigerated shredded potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, and egg; mix well. Add flour, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined.
- Measure out about a heaping 1/4 cup of potato mixture and form it into a patty. (Yes, it’s ok to use your hands for this.) Continue to form patties with remaining potato mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Place potato pancake into oil and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden on both sides. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter; serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tips
- If you prefer to shred fresh potatoes, you’ll need about 3-1/2 cup. You may have to add a bit more or less flour to the mixture based on the moisture content of your potatoes. We suggest cooking one pancake and tasting it to make sure the mixture is perfect before cooking them all. If it’s too thick, add a tablespoon or so of water, too thin, add more flour.
- Serve these piping hot with sour cream or applesauce. If you'd like to be a super kitchen hero, you can easily make your own applesauce.
- Looking for something a little different? Try our Sweet Potato Pancakes!
- If you're looking for more German recipes like this simple pancake recipe, check out our collection of 12 Traditional German Recipes You Can't Miss.
- For even more of our favorite potato recipes, check out our free eCookbook, Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes & More.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.