Mussels ala Creme
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're starting a new series on Restaurant Secrets, and to launch it we visited Chef Chris at Aruba Beach Cafe in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. He let us in on his secret recipe for mussels in a delicious cream sauce, one of his most popular dishes, and we're thrilled to share it with you!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pernod or other anise-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds cleaned mussels
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, blend together butter, parsley, shallots, garlic, liqueur, wine, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat a soup pot; add oil and mussels and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until mussels start to open.
- Add butter mixture and cream and cook 2 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Be sure to discard any unopened mussels before serving.
Serve these mussels with some warm, crusty bread for sopping up this savory sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!