Paula's Shrimp and Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Paula Deen graciously shared her recipe for mouthwatering Shrimp and Grits with Howard and the Test Kitchen at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. If you've got a craving for this southern classic, this is the only way to go!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta or ham
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 20 medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 servings grits, cooked according to package directions (keep warm)
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; add pancetta and saute until crisp. Add scallion, onion, and green pepper and saute until onion is translucent. Add shrimp and saute 1 to 2 minutes, or until pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. Slowly add cream and let it reduce until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spoon grits into bowls. Add shrimp and veggie mixture, distributing evenly, and top with cream sauce.
Paula Deen suggests serving this dish with one of her flavored finishing butters, available in many markets.
- We were thinking that a classic Southern dessert like our Peach Coffee Cake would put the perfect finishing touch on a fabulous meal!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 570
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39g 60 %
- Saturated Fat 19g 94 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 14g 27 %
- Cholesterol 140mg 47 %
- Sodium 1,345mg 56 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 0.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.