Idaho Potato Crab Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The people have spoken, and Bertie's recipe for these delicious Idaho Potato Crab Cakes was the one you chose as the winner of our first ever Idaho Potato Recipe Contest!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, packed tightly
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can Cheddar cheese condensed soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bouillon lobster base
- 3 cups Idaho instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1 (16-ounce) can lump crab, drained
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon seafood spice or paprika
What to Do
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine parsley, garlic, soup, and bouillon. Add potatoes, bread crumbs, crab, egg, and 2 tablespoons oil; gently fold ingredients until just mixed.
- Make 8 patties, each about 1-inch thick, using 1/2 cup crab mixture per patty. Place in prepared casserole dish being sure they don't touch. Coat tops with remaining oil, distributing evenly, then sprinkle with seafood spice.
- Cook 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- We've got even more tasty ways to enjoy potatoes in our recipes for Spicy Buffalo Chicken Baked Potatoes and Spicy Black Bean Potato Soup.
- Click here for more great recipes using Idaho® potatoes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!