We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This New Orleans classic sandwich gets its big taste from remoulade sauce -- a sharp-flavored French sauce made with mayonnaise, mustard, capers, pickles, and spices. Find it in the condiments aisle of your supermarket.
What You'll Need
- 8 slices bacon
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (7-ounce) package cornmeal mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) container fresh Select oysters, drained (See Note)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups remoulade sauce
- 4 (6-inch) French bread rolls, split horizontally and toasted
What to Do
- Place bacon on a microwave-safe rack in a 7- x 11-inch baking dish; cover with paper towels. Microwave at HIGH setting 8 to 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp; drain.
- In a Dutch oven, pour oil to depth of 2 inches ; using a cooking thermometer to check, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal mix, salt, and pepper . Dip oysters in egg, then dredge in cornmeal mixture. Fry oysters in batches, 1-12/ to 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain well on paper towels.
- Combine tomato and remoulade sauce; spread on cut surfaces of rolls. Arrange lettuce, bacon, and oysters on bottom halves of rolls; cover with tops. Serve immediately.
- We prepared the bacon in a 700-watt microwave oven. Cooking times may vary if your wattage is different.
- You can substitute 1 pound medium-sized fresh shrimp, peeled, for oysters, if you prefer.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!