Roasted Prime Rib of Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Will you be wearing your "holiday best" for Christmas dinner? Well, if you're going all out anyway, then our recipe for Roasted Prime Rib of Beef is what you need to make your Christmas dinner a memorable one. Every juicy slice of this main dish will make you wish for Christmas every day of the year!
What You'll Need
- 6 pounds boneless beef prime rib
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaf
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup beef broth
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray. Place beef fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub mixture evenly over entire beef.
- Roast beef 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue cooking 2-1/2 hours for medium rare or until meat thermometer reaches 125 degrees, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove beef to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes tented with foil before carving across grain.
- Meanwhile, on the stove top over medium heat, add wine and beef broth to pan and whisk until pan is deglazed, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle au jus over prime rib and serve immediately.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!