Classic White Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Beans are filled with tons of protein so this Classic White Bean Soup is "soup"er hearty!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) can navy beans, undrained (see note)
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham or 1 ham hock
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1 bay leaf
What To Do:
- Combine beans in a large saucepan; mash slightly with a potato masher or back of a large spoon. Stir in water, and cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add carrots, and cook, stirring constantly, until tender. Add carrots, ham, scallions, and bay leaf to bean mixture. Cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard bay leaf.
The navy bean - a type of kidney bean - gets its name from the fact that the U.S. Navy has long considered it a staple on their menus.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 574
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 21g 32 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 55 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 33g 65 %
- Cholesterol 77mg 26 %
- Sodium 1,432mg 60 %
- Total Carbohydrates 68g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 17g 67 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.