Spicy Black Bean Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a potato soup with a little kick? Then Spicy Black Bean Potato Soup is right up your alley. Give it a shot and we can bet it'll end up in your weekly dinner rotation!
What You'll Need
- 2 Idaho potatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper with seeds, diced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt to taste
What to Do
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until fork-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a small skillet over low heat, heat oil; add garlic and jalapeno pepper and saute 2 minutes.
- In a blender, combine 1 can black beans, potatoes, garlic and jalapeno mixture, and tomatoes; puree until smooth.
- In a large pot, combine black bean mixture and vegetable stock; bring to a boil. Add oregano, cumin, salt, and remaining black beans. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
If soup is too thick, add enough water to thin it out to "ladling" consistency!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.