Loaded Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We couldn't help but "load up" our potato soup with some extra goodies, like Cheddar cheese and bacon bits. We think these add-ins make our Loaded Potato Soup taste even cozier!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup finely sliced scallions
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add celery and onion; saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add flour, milk, salt, and pepper; cook until soup is thickened and heated through, stirring constantly. Add cheese, bacon bits, and scallions; stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 698
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31g 48 %
- Saturated Fat 19g 93 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 33g 65 %
- Cholesterol 97mg 32 %
- Sodium 1,686mg 70 %
- Total Carbohydrates 74g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.9g 40 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.