The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Show stopping Stuffed Veal
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr 40 Min
This weekend, why not give your gang a treat - stuffed veal breast! It's a tasty centerpiece for your dinner table...a true show-stopper!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) breast of veal, with pocket for stuffing (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the veal breast into a large roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and sauté the zucchini for 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Prepare the stuffing mix according to the package directions. Add the zucchini to the stuffing; mix well. Spoon the stuffing mixture into the pocket of the veal breast; do not pack tightly. If any stuffing remains, bake separately in a small covered baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush the spice mixture evenly over the top of the veal and bake uncovered for 2 to 21/2 hours, or until the juices run clear and the meat is fork-tender.
Cutting a pocket into the veal breast is easy, but it's even easier for us when we ask the butcher to do it!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.