Stuffed Veal Cutlets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Stuffed Veal Cutlets are inspired by an old favorite dish known as Veal Birds, once popular at fancy restaurants years ago. Our easy version is sure to fly off of your table and become a hit that lives on today.
What You'll Need:
- 6 veal cutlets (about 1½ pounds total), pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 6 thin slices (about 1/3 pound) deli ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning and browning sauce
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the cutlets with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and top each piece with a slice of ham and a sprinkle of cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, combine the egg and 2 tablespoons milk; mix well.
- Dip each veal roll in the egg mixture then the bread crumbs, coating completely; place in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, seasoning and browning sauce, and the remaining 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well and spoon over the veal rolls. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 8 to 10 minutes more, or until the sauce has thickened. Serve the veal birds topped with the sauce.
The type of ham used will determine how salty this dish is.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 83
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4g 2 %
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.1g 6 %
- Cholesterol 1.6mg 1 %
- Sodium 142mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 3 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.