We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
My mom used to make fricassee with mini-meatballs and chicken wings, but this version uses veal stew meat. It sure is a nice change!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds veal stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 6 medium-sized carrots, cut into -inch chunks
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons browning and seasoning sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a 2-quart covered casserole dish, combine the veal, onion, wine, carrots, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, flour, and browning sauce until no lumps remain. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the casserole dish, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in the mushrooms and bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 more minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!