We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
My mom used to make fricassee with mini-meatballs and chicken wings, but this version uses veal stew meat. It sure is a nice change!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds veal stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 6 medium-sized carrots, cut into -inch chunks
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons browning and seasoning sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a 2-quart covered casserole dish, combine the veal, onion, wine, carrots, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, flour, and browning sauce until no lumps remain. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the casserole dish, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in the mushrooms and bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 more minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.