We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In my original paprikash recipe I sautéed the meat in butter and oil. Here I eliminate them and brown the meat in a nonstick skillet. The tastes from the vegetables and spices keep this one a real winner!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds veal stew meat, well-trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14½ ounces) peeled whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Brown the veal in a nonstick soup pot over high heat, draining any excess liquid.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Add the tomatoes and their juice, the bay leaf, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer for 45 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaf before serving.
Serve this over warm cooked noodles for an all-in-one meal.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.