Veal with Vodka Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't worry about your guests getting tipsy 'cause the alcohol you put in here gets cooked off, even though the distinctive vodka flavor remains.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 to 1¼ pounds veal cutlets, pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup vodka
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and 1 teaspoon salt; mix well. Completely coat the veal in the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat; sauté the cutlets for about 2 minutes per side, or until slightly browned. If necessary, sauté the veal in more than one batch. Remove the cooked veal to a covered platter to keep warm.
- Heat the oil and melt the remaining butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes, just until tender. Add the tomatoes, cream, pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vodka and cook for 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Add the veal to the simmering vodka sauce and continue simmering for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the veal is heated through. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.