Creamy Onion Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did the name stop you? No, it's not a dessert! It's a side dish that's a super go-along for meat, chicken, or fish. We got the original version of this from a viewer who is from Ireland, but we think it's a cross-cultural hand-me-down.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 onions, sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 pie crust (from a 15-ounce package), baked according to package directions
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt butter. Saute onions 5 to 6 minutes, separating into rings; reduce heat to medium, cover, and saute 4 to 5 more minutes, or until tender. Place sauteed onions in pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour mixture over onions and sprinkle top with paprika.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Of course this works fine with yellow or white cooking onions, but for a real knockout success, use sweet onions!
- Wanna try our easy version of one of our favorite soups? Here's our recipe for French Onion Soup!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 213
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 8.1g 41 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 4.1g 8 %
- Cholesterol 78mg 26 %
- Sodium 432mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 3.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.