Szechuan Beef with Broccoli
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 9 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 24 Min
Skip the takeout. You can make this Chinese dinner recipe right at home. And you want to know the best part? It only takes about 15 minutes to cook. Grab your chopsticks (or a fork, if you're so inclined) and get ready for a meal you won't forget. It's so much better than ordering out, plus you'll save so much money cooking at home. It's a win-win situation for everyone involved!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless top sirloin steak
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Szechuan stir-fry and marinade
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Warm cooked rice
- Additional coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts (optional)
What To Do:
- Slice steak diagonally across the grain into very thin slices. Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons canola oil and the sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add broccoli, and cook 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Combine cornstarch, Szechuan marinade, and beef broth, stirring until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and steak to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup peanuts. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with additional peanuts, if desired.
Note: Szechuan refers to a style of Asian cooking indigenous to the Western region of China. It's characterized by hot and spicy dishes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We deconstructed one of your favorite sandwiches to bring you this family-sized Philly Cheese Steak Bake. It's got everything you love about a cheese steak in the form of a hot and hearty casserole, including the cheesy sauce and deli-style roast beef.