We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Taco Casserole is a simple, Mexican-inspired, ground beef recipe that everyone in your family will eat right up. It's got all the tasty taco fillings you and your family love. But best of all, you can make our Taco Casserole in advance, and heat it up when you're ready to eat!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound lean ground beef (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1.25-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated Monterey Jack cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown the beef then drain off excess fat; remove from heat. Add onion, garlic powder, taco seasoning mix and tomato sauce to beef; mix and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Place half the crushed chips in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Add enough meat mixture to cover the chips then cover the meat with half the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with half the grated cheese; repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese melts and casserole is heated through.
- Want to make this casserole a bit lighter? Sub the ground beef with ground turkey and use low-fat sour cream and cheese.
- Hmmm...do you think your gang will like tacos for dinner and dessert? If so, then check out our Dessert Tacos!
This Taco Casserole is just one of the easy and tasty recipes you'll find in our collection of Easy Mexican Casseroles. Click here for more!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.