- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
Taco Casserole is a great beef casserole recipe that combines easy with Tex-Mex. You can make it in advance and then just heat and eat!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound lean ground beef (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1.25-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated Monterey Jack cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown the beef then drain off excess fat; remove from heat. Add onion, garlic powder, taco seasoning mix and tomato sauce to beef; mix and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Place half the crushed chips in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Add enough meat mixture to cover the chips then cover the meat with half the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with half the grated cheese; repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese melts and casserole is heated through.
This is just as good made with ground turkey as it is with ground beef.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 10 14