Bean 'n' Veggie Soft Tacos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Vegetarian and protein-filled, these Bean 'n' Veggie Soft Tacos are a health-minded chef's dream come true.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 yellow squash, shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning (see Note)
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
What to Do
- Whisk together cumin and Italian dressing in a large bowl. Add zucchini and next 3 ingredients; toss gently. Set aside.
- Combine black beans and next 2 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon zucchini mixture evenly down center of each tortilla. Top evenly with bean mixture and cheese. Roll up tortillas; secure each with a wooden toothpick. Garnish with coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Look for Adobo seasoning in the ethnic section of larger supermarkets. Or create a similar blend with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, garlic powder, and dried crushed red pepper.
- Warming tortillas in the microwave or oven according to package directions makes them pliable and easy to roll up.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 236
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.0g 16 %
- Cholesterol 4.2mg 1 %
- Sodium 592mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19 %
- Sugars 6.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!