Bean 'n' Veggie Soft Tacos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Vegetarian and protein-filled, these Bean 'n' Veggie Soft Tacos are a health-minded chef's dream come true.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 yellow squash, shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning (see Note)
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
What to Do
- Whisk together cumin and Italian dressing in a large bowl. Add zucchini and next 3 ingredients; toss gently. Set aside.
- Combine black beans and next 2 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon zucchini mixture evenly down center of each tortilla. Top evenly with bean mixture and cheese. Roll up tortillas; secure each with a wooden toothpick. Garnish with coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Look for Adobo seasoning in the ethnic section of larger supermarkets. Or create a similar blend with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, garlic powder, and dried crushed red pepper.
- Warming tortillas in the microwave or oven according to package directions makes them pliable and easy to roll up.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 236
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.0g 16 %
- Cholesterol 4.2mg 1 %
- Sodium 592mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19 %
- Sugars 6.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.