Caramel Pear Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's so much easier today to get the tastes of old-fashioned homemade cakes without all the old-fashioned fuss. Start with a spice cake mix, add fresh pears, caramel topping and mmmm... Is that old-fashioned enough?
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix
- 2 fresh pears, pared, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour into prepared baking dish. Arrange sliced pears in 2 rows on top of cake batter.
Bake 32 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 20 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, water, and butter to make caramel glaze. Spoon glaze over cake and sprinkle with walnuts. Let cool completely.
If you'd like to vary the taste of the cake a bit, use pecans instead of walnuts for a Louisiana praline touch!
- We bet you'll also love our Spice Bars -- easy to make but they'll take you back in time!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Cold Fudge Cake
- Apple Pie Dump Cake
- Autumn Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- 33 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Delight
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Peach Upside-Down Cake