Tall, Dark, and Handsome Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The coffee gives our Tall, Dark, and Handsome Chocolate Cake the right amount of kick that separates this from just an ordinary chocolate cake. This rich and creamy dessert will have everyone fighting over who gets the last piece.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 (16-ounce) containers chocolate frosting
- 4 tablespoons caramel topping
- 8 chocolate-covered caramel candies, chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, coffee, oil, and eggs until well mixed. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of each comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice each cake horizontally in half to make 4 layers. Place 1 cake layer on platter and spread one-quarter (1/2 a container) of chocolate frosting on top. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of caramel topping over frosting. Repeat with remaining cake layers and finish with frosting and caramel topping. Garnish with candy.
We tested this with Rolos for the garnish.
- If tonight's a night to go all out, serve up this luscious cake with cups of our steaming mochaccino!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Make room burritos, 'cause there's a new contender in town, and they're going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You're going to wish you had more hands.