St. Patrick's Day Special
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Heard of the blue plate special? Well, this meal is the St. Patrick's Day special. And we have it every year in Chicago 'cause we spend every St. Patrick's Day there, marching in the parade and enjoying the great food and festivities!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-pound) uncooked corned beef with pickling spices and juice
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup beer
- 1 large head cabbage, quartered
- 4 large carrots, cut into 3-inch chunks
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker, place corned beef with pickling spices, 1 cup water, and the beer. Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 60 minutes. Perform a quick release.
- Remove lid; place corned beef on a cutting board; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining water and remaining ingredients to pressure cooker. Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 4 minutes. Perform a natural release.
- Remove lid; with a slotted spoon, remove vegetables to serving platter. Slice corned beef against grain and serve with vegetables.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.