We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They'll follow their noses right to the table once they get a whiff of your Fried Cabbage. This tasty, easy cabbage recipe only uses five ingredients (one of them is bacon!), so you can whip up this super side dish in no time!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large pot, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pot and crumble; set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 30 to 35 minutes, or until cabbage is tender, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toss, and serve.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 35 Easy Cabbage Recipes, which features some of our all-time popular cabbage recipes, like Buttery Cabbage and Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage. (Oh yeah, you're going to want to stock up on cabbage when you've got these classic cabbage recipes!)
- Plus, don't forget to check out our FREE eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes for more easy dinner favorites.
- Craving something a little lighter? We've got some yummy and diabetic-friendly cabbage recipes that are sure to keep you full. Check out 10 Favorite Cooked Cabbage Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 192
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 7.7g 39 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 4.2g 8 %
- Cholesterol 33mg 11 %
- Sodium 640mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 9.0g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 4.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you think of graham crackers, you might think of crushing them up to make a pie crust, or maybe sandwiching chocolate bars and toasted marshmallows between a couple of 'em for s'mores. Well, now we've taken it a step further by making a super moist, Graham Cracker Cake that's packed with flavor! Trust us, this is a recipe you'll want to get your hands on.