Mr. Food Blue Ribbon Casseroles: 23 Easy Casserole Recipes
Best Make-Ahead Casseroles: 10 Frozen Casserole Recipes You Need
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you don't have time to make dinner every night of the week, then a make-ahead casserole recipe is just the ticket to a convenient, homemade dinner. Our collection of the Best Make-Ahead Casseroles: 10 Frozen Casserole Recipes You Need has a variety of easy dinner recipes you can prepare in advance, so mealtimes fit into your busy schedule! Plus, be sure to scroll to the bottom to check out our handy tips for making your freeze-ahead casseroles taste fresher than ever.
Preparing a frozen casserole for the first time? Not to worry--just check out a few of our easy tips, and you'll be well on your way to prepping tasty dinners for the family!
Make-Ahead Casserole Recipe Tips
1. Make sure you cook all meat ahead of time! While the actual baking takes place after the casserole has been thawed, you want to make sure all your meat is cooked before you put it in the freezer. Also, be sure to let anything cooked ahead of time cool completely before freezing. Otherwise, the casserole won't freeze evenly.
2. Wrap up your casserole dish extra tightly to prevent freezer burn.
3. If you're looking to save freezer space, line your dish with aluminum foil and cooking spray. Prepare your casserole as normal. Once it freezes, you'll be able to lift it out of the casserole dish and store until you're ready to use it.
4. Always make sure to label your frozen casseroles. They'll taste best if you cook them within 2-3 months, especially if the casserole calls for any kind of dairy product like cheese or even cream-based soup, but most will last for up to 6 months.
5. Make sure to defrost your casserole before throwing it in the oven. We recommend defrosting it in the fridge.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've ever met our Aunt Nellie you'd know she's a sweet lady who really knows her way around the kitchen! So, when she shared her recipe for Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters we knew we'd have to share the golden, crunchy goodness with you, too!