Better Baked Ziti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What makes this a Better Baked Ziti than your everyday baked ziti recipe? We think it has something to do with the three different cheeses that make it ooey-gooey good, but we'll let you decide. One thing is for sure, this easy baked ziti recipe is going to be a hit come dinnertime!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook ziti until just barely tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
Add ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt, and parsley to the ziti; mix well. Spread half the spaghetti sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon ziti mixture into baking dish; cover with remaining spaghetti sauce, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes, then top with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake 10 additional minutes, or until heated through.
- Use your favorite type of flavored spaghetti sauce to add additional flavor to this ziti. And don't worry if you don't have ziti on hand -- just substitute any other equal-sized shape.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!