We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A holiday treat for every little "Hansel" and "Gretel," your kids will love helping you create a whole village full of our Gingerbread People!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups molasses
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the molasses, brown sugar, water, and butter. Add the remaining ingredients and blend well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with 7-inch figurine cookie cutters. Place on greased cookie sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks and cool, then decorate with icing, if desired.
If you'd like to use raisins for the eyes and red cinnamon candies for buttons, press them lightly into the dough before baking. This dough will hold well in the refrigerator for a few days, so you can make it in advance at your convenience.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxon's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!