Try this tasty cookie mix! Cookies in a Jar makes a great gift idea!
What To Do:
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; mix well and pour into canning jar, tapping jar on counter to level ingredients.
- Add to jar in turn: oats, granulated sugar, brown sugar, walnuts, and chocolate chips, tapping jar on counter to level after each addition. Seal jar, and decorate, if desired.
IMPORTANT: Attach a copy of baking instructions to jar.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Oatmeal Chippers in a Jar Baking Instructions:
1 jar homemade cookie mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Empty contents of jar into large bowl; add melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix until completely blended; mixture will be thick.
- Shape into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.