Best Broccoli Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got the perfect vegetable dish, whether you normally love your veggies or not! Try our Best Broccoli Salad! Why is it the best? Because no matter the time of year, it's a crisp, refreshing way to enjoy a tasty veggie during dinner. You can serve it as a side dish, or as a tasty salad. Either way, this change-of-pace dish is sure to win hearts in the kitchen.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets (see Note)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets (see Note)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and sugar; mix well. Add remaining ingredients; mix until well combined.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Prefer your veggies a little on the softer side? We've got you covered. Just boil 'em in water for 1 minute, drain, and then top it with ice so it cools down quickly.
- Make sure to cut the broccoli and cauliflower into very small florets.
- This broccoli salad is even better if it's made a few days in advance and allowed to marinate in the fridge.
- If you'd like, feel free to mix in some raisins for sweetness or some sunflower seeds and chopped nuts for crunch. It's an easy way to spice this one up!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 480
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33g 51 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 51 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 59mg 20 %
- Sodium 954mg 40 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!