Linguine and Clams in Red Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 17 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 27 Min
No need to stick your neck out on this recipe 'cause it's got only six ingredients and is packed with hearty flavor. It's kind of an Italian clambake all in one dish. Ooh, I like this one!
What You'll Need:
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (5.5 ounces) vegetable juice
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, bring the spaghetti sauce and vegetable juice to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the clams, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the clams open; discard any clams that do not open. Stir in the crushed red pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Top with the clam sauce. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately.
The taste of this dish depends on the type of spaghetti sauce you use, so use your favorite and go ahead and add extra seasonings to your own liking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like copycat restaurant recipes, then our recipe for Shrimp on the Barbie is right up your alley. This recipe tastes like it came straight out of your favorite steakhouse. It's the flavorful blend of seasonings that really give it that "down under" flavor!