Santa Fe Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Min
- COOK TIME
- 17 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Do you know the way to Santa Fe? 'Cause if you do, we'd like to come along to show you how our version of Santa Fe Pizza is just as good as the real thing! Using a blend of Mexican flavorings, our homemade pizza recipe calls for a few unusual, yet flavorful, ingredients to create a dinner that's truly one of a kind. Feel free to modify the ingredients to how you like it best. It is, after all, your pizza!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (14-ounce) package prebaked Italian pizza bread shell
- 1/2 (16-ounce) roll ground hot pork sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (see note)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place bread shell on a baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes, set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain sausage, and return to skillet. Add peppers; cook 3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine salsa and chili powder; spread over crust. Top with sausage mixture and black beans; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 6 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with cilantro. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Remember to wear rubber gloves when seeding jalapeno peppers so you don't burn your hands-or-eyes- if you accidentally touch them. The seeds and veins are also hot.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Create a little Christmas magic of your own with our easy recipe for Christmas Magic Squares. This holiday-festive cookie bar recipe is great for snackin' on all holiday season long, like when you're at a cookie exchange with friends or when you're trimming the tree!