Apple Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
German potato pancakes are a favorite side dish in the fall, especially during Oktoberfest. Now, we've made them even more fall-perfect by adding some apple to them. Our Apple Potato Pancakes are crispy-delicious with just a touch of sweetness!
What You'll Need:
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Place potatoes, apple, and onion in a strainer. Press down with the back of a large spoon to extract excess moisture. (If they're still watery, wrap them in a clean dish towel and squeeze to extract moisture.)
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, apple, onion, and egg; mix well. Gradually add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Using about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake, form into pancake shape and place in oil.
- Fry in batches 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels; serve hot.
- Serve these with some applesauce or sour cream for even more goodness!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 231
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 365mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This colonial-style brown bread is actually cooked inside of a can and it's a New England favorite! Our Boston Brown Bread is moist and flavorful on its own, but it's even better when you slather on some butter or cream cheese right before serving!