Easy Avocado Spread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy spread made from luscious avocados, which naturally contain MUFAs (Monounsaturated Fatty Acids), is a perfect snack or appetizer choice as part of a heart-healthy diet.
What You'll Need:
- 2 ripened avocados, rinsed and dried
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Using a sharp knife, cut the avocados in half, working around the pit. Twist avocados to separate the halves. Spoon out the pit and scoop out the avocado flesh into a resealable plastic storage bag. Add lemon juice and salt, seal bag, and mash the avocado with your hands until mixture is combined and spreadable.
- Cut the tip off one corner of plastic bag and pipe mixture onto French bread slices, crackers, or slices of fresh vegetables. Top with a dab of your favorite condiment, such as salsa, sun-dried tomatoes, or chopped olives.
Makes about 3/4 cup.
Enjoyed this recipe? Check out more avocado faves in our collection of Healthy Eats: 12 Amazing Recipes with Avocado.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!
- Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
- Pushcart Onion Sauce
- Fresh Pesto Sauce Recipe: How to Make Pesto Sauce
- 21 Homemade Salsa Recipes
- Old Time Hot Dog Sauce
- Skillet Sausage Gravy
- Amish Chow Chow Relish
- Cucumber Dill Dip
- Blue Ribbon Strawberry Preserves
- Watermelon Salsa