Chipotle Cream Shrimp
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 1/4
teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds raw jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails left on
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons cilantro, 1 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper; mix well. Add shrimp in small batches and toss until evenly coated.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add wine to skillet and stir for 1 minute, or until slightly thickened. Stir in heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, chipotles, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Spoon sauce over shrimp and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve immediately with rice.
Recipe from "Fresh Mexico" cookbook, courtesy of Chef Marcela Valladolid
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
05 31 12