Down-Home Shredded Pork
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who would've thought that with just 4 ingredients you can make the tastiest shredded pork ever, and right in your slow cooker, too! Our Down-Home Shredded Pork gets it's special flavor from a combination of BBQ sauce and root beer, and when ya slow cook it for hours (like we do) you can bet those flavors are really going to come through.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (2-pound) package pork tenderloin, trimmed, rinsed, and patted dry (2 per package)
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups barbecue sauce
What To Do:
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, brown both tenderloins on all sides.
- Pour root beer into a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add pork and onion, and pour barbecue sauce on top.
- Cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours, or until pork easily breaks apart. Using 2 forks, shred pork in slow cooker, mixing with sauce.
If you'd like to lower the fat and carbs in this dish or make it diabetic-friendly, you can swap the root beer for diet root beer and make your own barbecue sauce or buy a low-sugar brand. Click here for these instructions, plus complete nutritional information on our diabetic-friendly version!
And if you love slow cooker recipes, then you'll love our slow cooker/pressure cooker cookbook, Cook it Slow, Cook it Fast, featuring over 150 recipes to make in your slow cooker or pressure cooker. Click here to buy now!
Serve on Bibb lettuce with shredded carrots and scallions to make a tasty lettuce wrap.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.