All American Fish Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mild and mellow U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish is the star of this chunky, rich All-American Fish Chowder that's hearty enough to ladle up and enjoy as a main dish.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 cups (1-1/2 quarts) milk
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
What To Do:
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except potato flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in potato flakes and simmer 3 to 5 additional minutes, or until thickened. Serve immediately.
Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!