Brie Mushroom Soup
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
What You'll Need:
cup (1 stick) butter, melted
cup all-purpose flour
cup chicken broth
pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
pound shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup heavy cream
8 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and flour; blend until smooth then set aside.
- In a soup pot, combine the chicken broth, cremini and shiitake mushrooms, onion, and black pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add butter mixture, stirring until soup is thickened. Slowly stir in heavy cream, mixing well (see Tip). Add cheese, stirring constantly, until melted. Serve immediately.
- Preparation Tip: Heat this and any cream soup slowly. Never let it come to a boil because that may cause it to separate.
- For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 30 11