We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Turn your kitchen into an Italian restaurant with our easy version of the classic Rigatoni Bolognese. This hearty meat sauce packed with flavorful veggies over rigatoni pasta will do you proud!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
What To Do:
In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown beef with salt and pepper. Drain off excess liquid then add carrot, onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add tomato sauce and oregano, loosely cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- Stir basil into sauce and pour over pasta, toss to coat, and serve immediately.
We think serving this with a little bit of Parmesan cheese makes it even more traditional.
- Why not start off the meal with our easy version of a traditional Minestrone Soup!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.