Cornish Hens with Apricot Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cornish hens are a great alternative to turkey, especially when cooking for two or a smaller group. The presentation is just as holiday special, and everyone's sure to love the easy apricot stuffing!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups apricot nectar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups one-step stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 6 (1-pound) Cornish hens
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups of nectar and the butter and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the stuffing mix and almonds, cover, and allow to sit for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Prepare the hens by removing (and discarding) the insides and rinsing them inside and out with cold water. Stuff each hen with 1/2 cup of the stuffing mixture.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the poultry seasoning, salt, and oil and completely rub each hen with the mixture. Place the remaining 1-1/2 cups of nectar at the bottom of a large roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray and place the hens in the nectar.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then baste with the nectar and continue roasting for an additional 30 minutes or until juices run clear and skin is golden brown. Serve with pan drippings.
Make sure that you roast the hens right after stuffing them.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.